• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

PlayerSquared v2 - what do you want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Remember, no Russian.
Administrator
November 30, 2018
UK
Afternoon all,

Today we are publicly announcing that development work on the next major version of PlayerSquared has begun, and we would like to know what features the community would be interested in.

The confirmed list of returning features are as follows:

• Forums
  • Awards / Achievements
  • Trophy Leaderboards
  • On-site chat
  • User background and colour customization
  • Credits and Slots
  • User level / XP
Confirmed new features:

• User controlled store pages (with payment processing options)
  • Credits shop
  • A better notifications system
  • Improved private messaging
All current site data will be migrated to the new site, including credits, XP, reputation, threads and posts and users will not have to re-register in order to use the site. Passwords will be auto-updated to a new hashing algorithm when logging into the new site so you will not have to password reset or change password on first login.

We plan on being as open with the development process as we can, and we want to make this community a powerful tool for all users, so if you have any suggestions for features you would like to see, either post them on this thread or create a post in the suggestions forum and they will be discussed :)

- The P2 Crew

[quote="JB" pid='1618' dateline='1557424937']
Afternoon all,

Today we are publicly announcing that development work on the next major version of PlayerSquared has begun, and we would like to know what features the community would be interested in.

• Forums
  • Awards / Achievements
  • Trophy Leaderboards
  • On-site chat
  • Credits and Slots
  • User level / XP
Confirmed new features:

• Credits shop
All current site data will be migrated to the new site, including credits, XP, reputation, threads and posts and users will not have to re-register in order to use the site. Passwords will be auto-updated to a new hashing algorithm when logging into the new site so you will not have to password reset or change password on first login.

We plan on being as open with the development process as we can, and we want to make this community a powerful tool for all users, so if you have any suggestions for features you would like to see, either post them on this thread or create a post in the suggestions forum and they will be discussed :)

- The P2 Crew
[/quote]

Glad to see your working on a forum dude! My only suggestion is that you as the owner stay active on the site as you always have been & im determined you'll see progress. Can't wait to see this project.

[quote="IoWn" pid='1630' dateline='1558175857']
[quote="JB" pid='1618' dateline='1557424937']
Afternoon all,

• Forums
  • Awards / Achievements
  • Trophy Leaderboards
  • On-site chat
  • Credits and Slots
  • User level / XP
Confirmed new features:

• Credits shop

- The P2 Crew
[/quote]

Glad to see your working on a forum dude! My only suggestion is that you as the owner stay active on the site as you always have been & im determined you'll see progress. Can't wait to see this project.
[/quote]

I'm not the owner, all three of us have equal part in the site :) appreciate the words of support though!

[quote="NotYourDope" pid='1645' dateline='1558647712']
I would like the ability to dislike a thread/post, and the ability to unlike an already liked thread/post.
[/quote]

These features are lined up and will be making an appearance ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing a featured news article section for user curated news articles. Agreed this may not be easy to implement due to the requirement for regular writers. Would be a good way to draw in leads to the site though.

I appreciate your comment however, I'd disagree for the following reasons;

Adding news means there are less sites to visit for users who want the latest for this niche
Adding user curated articles means users have their own place to publish their work/research which helps with user activity
News in the site allows for lead generation from search engines, thus growing the community
News elements spark debate and conversation, that is after all the purpose for this medium - though I agree news may distract from this if its forced upon people
Only drawbacks I can see are if its left solely to user curated articles then writers run out of steam/ideas/flair so It should be seeded with RSS sources from external news sites. 

Just my thoughts - seen a few other sites implement this with success.

To add something like that you need people with experience, also you need to know if the community is right for this short of things. I have seen countless cases where it was added and the site just died because of it. Almost no one reads news articles these days and most certainly they are not going to comment and start debates about it. At the very least P2 is not ready for that yet.

[quote="Kimon" pid='1734' dateline='1566930946']
To add something like that you need people with experience, also you need to know if the community is right for this short of things. I have seen countless cases where it was added and the site just died because of it. Almost no one reads news articles these days and most certainly they are not going to comment and start debates about it. At the very least P2 is not ready for that yet.
[/quote]

Thats not true, its just the fact these news sites have a built up social media platform that we do not have. But since we are in the very early stages of the site, we still could expand onto that. Unlike sites like NGU who were stuck in one niche for a decade and then tried to just move directly to another with nothing in between that gap. 

We could definitely do it. and once we switch over to vb4, ill start looking at cms's with JB and setting up community news.

[quote="Vince" pid='1735' dateline='1566935649']
[quote="Kimon" pid='1734' dateline='1566930946']
[/quote]

Thats not true, its just the fact these news sites have a built up social media platform that we do not have. But since we are in the very early stages of the site, we still could expand onto that. Unlike sites like NGU who were stuck in one niche for a decade and then tried to just move directly to another with nothing in between that gap. 

We could definitely do it. and once we switch over to vb4, ill start looking at cms's with JB and setting up community news.
[/quote]

In terms of CMS, we either use vBCMS (ugly) or we build a WP-vB bridge (again, ugly, but at least WP has a much nicer experience).

Status
Not open for further replies.