• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

PlayerSquared Community Update (Jan 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Remember, no Russian.
Administrator
November 30, 2018
UK
PlayerSquared Community Update

January 2023

It's probably time to start doing community updates on a more-regular basis, to keep everyone in the loop on what's going on around the website, notable posts, statistics, and what we've worked on/what we are working on.

Community News

Statistics Update

We've reached 100k members registered! This is a fantastic milestone to have reached, and one that I'm sure many of us believed would take us a lot longer to have hit. Many thanks to all of you who have been promoting the website, and helping make PlayerSquared the community it is! Thanks are also given to all of you who tirelessly post content (especially game saves and guides!) - you are all truly one of a kind!

Mobile Usability

I won't beat around the bush, the mobile version of the site sucks. It just doesn't work. It's a limitation of the current theme we're using, and it's been long overlooked and pushed back. I was originally going to leave out doing a mobile theme for the current site as it was something planned for inclusion with v3, but as I'll explain later, we're moving that forwards. I'll be looking into getting the site working properly on mobile this month, with an aim to have the site fully usable on mobile by Jan 2023.

Social Media Login

Again, another one that has caused countless issues over the past few months. We use a third party service in order to connect your social media profiles to your account (it's a limitation of vBulletin). And that third party charges us for using their service. They have imposed user limits which we have exceeded multiple times, and it's reached a point where it's no longer financially feasible to continue paying for the service. With that being said, we'll be looking to move the social media login feature to our own solution in the near future so that we can continue to offer the feature to all users. There's no eta on this as of yet, but it is actively being worked on.

Email Issues

We're currently experiencing email issues (again) - this are currently being investigated and should be resolved this week. Apologies for the inconvenience!

PlayerSquared v3 Update

I know, I know. It's long overdue and we keep talking about it and it keeps getting pushed back, and the current site is suffering due to that. I'll hopefully be able to answer your concerns below.

v3 is still in active development. It's not on the back plate, and it hasn't been forgotten about. We're using as much free time as we have available to get it finished, but there is a lot that needs to be finalised. As it is right now, a lot of core features have been added and are functional, but there is also still a lot of features missing, but it is coming along nicely. As I've said on various threads about it, I am not giving an eta on release. We want to make sure it is completely ready to use before we go live as if we get a core feature wrong, we risk damaging the website's reputation and usability. When it is ready to go live, it will. As it stands right now, there are not many core features which are left to be built in. The design has gone through several revisions and now has an overall layout and aesthetic which we are happy with. We've also built in a bunch of new features for the site (including an entire overhaul of the search system, and a new mobile layout as the current site sucks on mobile).

I'll share more on the progress on v3 going forwards from now, I promise!

Staff Changes

There's been a few staff changes in the past few months - the list is below.

OfficialJesseP > OfficialJesseP
Jay > Jay
Armitage > Armitage
SyrenRemix > SyrenRemix

Outro

We hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year period, and that you're enjoying your favourite games. Stay tuned to the site to see vast improvements coming throughout 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.