• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

Social media login/register updates

Tustin

PRAY 4 SPEED
Administrator
November 30, 2018
tustin.dev
Hey everyone,

We previously were using a third-party plugin to handle our social media login flow. Unfortunately, this plugin became too costly to operate and we had to end up disabling it. To prevent user's from being unable to access their accounts, I threw together a quick social media login method for Google and Discord. These two were by far our most used login methods, which is why they were prioritized.

In the near future, I will be adding support for Facebook and Twitter (maybe, assuming Elon's new API rules will allow for it), and possibly a few others. We obviously want everyone to be able to log into their accounts who might've used other methods, but we'd also like to slim down the amount of methods to make it easier to maintain. At the moment, the Google and Discord methods will only log you in. Registration will be enabled soon; I just wanted to prioritize logging in for now.

To login, simply use the login drop-down menu on the navigation bar and click either button at the bottom. I got rid of the social media login dropdown because I felt like it was pretty pointless

62cb8ab0-87d5-4b99-9d06-016080287cdd

If you've made an account using one of the other methods and are unable to login, or if you have any issues with the new logins, please either post in our #site-help channel on our Discord server, or you can contact me via email: [email protected]

Apologies for the inconvenience!

As an aside, the reason we have to re-do these login methods is because the original plugin was very proprietary and it wasn't possible to just migrate their code to a new setup.