Credits

Encourage user activity with user rewards, rank, progression, prestige

At the moment there isn't really that much of a motivation for users to post regularly on the site.

Thinking of this site as a game. It's barebones. Basically no reward, no XP, recognition, customisation or money earned for spending time on the site (besides the $30 Amazon gift voucher).

We have rep but it's meaningless when the community is so small. Thinking like a game, I think this site needs small and "meaningful" objectives to encourage growth and more posts.

For example, post enough threads, enough posts, get a certain amount of rep and you unlock a bold username or a different coloured username or a ribbon or badge 🟩 kinda like what the staff have under their usernames.

When I play a game I rewards, rank and customisation keep me playing the game. The same on this site would probably encourage me to post more.

EDIT 1: You can change your username in the store but it isn't really advertised and there needs to be more content than just this.

EDIT 2: Maybe after a great contribution to the site (whether that be after a grand amount of posts or whatever), allow a user to have their own sub tucked away in some far end corner of the forum. Call it user custom subs or something. Kinda like reddits model. I think that would be cool. User can suggest any niche such as anime, world news, life hacks, cooking recipes etc.
    Last edited by Armitage; February 5th, 2020 at 01:15 PM.

"Remember, no Russian."
    Administrator

Credits

Re: Encourage user activity with user rewards, rank, progression, prestige

Originally Posted by Armitage
    At the moment there isn't really that much of a motivation for users to post regularly on the site.

Thinking of this site as a game. It's barebones. Basically no reward, no XP, recognition, customisation or money earned for spending time on the site (besides the $30 Amazon gift voucher).

We have rep but it's meaningless when the community is so small. Thinking like a game, I think this site needs small and "meaningful" objectives to encourage growth and more posts.

For example, post enough threads, enough posts, get a certain amount of rep and you unlock a bold username or a different coloured username or a ribbon or badge 🟩 kinda like what the staff have under their usernames.

When I play a game I rewards, rank and customisation keep me playing the game. The same on this site would probably encourage me to post more.

EDIT 1: You can change your username in the store but it isn't really advertised and there needs to be more content than just this.

EDIT 2: Maybe after a great contribution to the site (whether that be after a grand amount of posts or whatever), allow a user to have their own sub tucked away in some far end corner of the forum. Call it user custom subs or something. Kinda like reddits model. I think that would be cool. User can suggest any niche such as anime, world news, life hacks, cooking recipes etc.
    We are currently looking at porting our XP based progression system from the old site over, which will lead to unlockable user-selectable titles, banners, and other customization options. I am definitely keen to get this done so we can expect to see it soon.

User-owned subs is an interesting idea; we could trial it and see how it is used when the XP system is ready to go live.

In terms of other kinds of customizations, what kind of things would you like to see here? As mentioned we're going to have ranks, titles, postbit backgrounds etc. but I am always open to additional ideas for this.