• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

First system used...(PC/Console)?

cloudy73

VIP User
VIP User
October 19, 2020
What was your first experience into the wonderful world of PC/Console/Gaming systems..?

Mine:

1. BBC Micro (yeah 1981..be nice eh..)
2. Spectrum 48k
3. Commodore 64
4. IBM 386sx
5. Commodore Amiga 500
6. Commodore Amiga 1200

I'll stop...

;)

1. Megadrive
  2. Megadrive 2
  3. NES
  4. PlayStation 1
  5. PlayStation 2

I pretty much stuck with PlayStation through to PS4 (I also owned a 360 around 2010) but switched to PC around 2017 when my PS4 died :jeb:

1. Nintendo 64
2. Playstation
3. Gamecube
4. Playstation 2
5. Sega

All in that order, they were either owned by my older brother or handed down to me. :) Very fond memories bonding with him as I grew up.

I don't quite remember what we had when I was younger than 5, but I used them whenever I was allowed. We had an Atari, a Commodore 64, and two computers that were locked away that, for me, were nothing but vehicles for games like Zork, King's Quest, even just Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.

But the first PCs and consoles I knew well were our NES and an IBM from the 80286 days. I took that 286 apart when I was 5, couldn't figure out how to put it back together (got in a bit of hot water for that since nobody else in the house knew how either), and I've been hooked ever since.

Anyone else remember the days when a game like King's Quest had Hollywood composers, and people were amazed by things like sound cards and the ability to use a mouse? These were the pinnacle of technical achievement! Makes you wonder what we'll think 20 or 30 years from now of how uncommonly giddy people are getting over ray tracing and haptic feedback.

I'm all console here... Played Fallout on Steam a few times but that's about it.

1: Atari 2600
2:NES
3:Super NES
4:Sega Genesis
5:Sega CD
6:Playstation
7:PS2
8:PS3
9:PS4
10: Praying for a PS5 lol

First off, some generic "Pong" knockoff system back in late 1977.. after that

Atari 2600
ZX80 /ZX81
VIC-20
C64
ZX Spectrum 48k
Atari 400 / 600XL /800
Amiga A500/ A500+
Amiga 600
Amiga 1200
486sx25 (my first PC) in mid 1993

I own or have owned pretty much every console since the MegaDrive (Genesis) in 1989