• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

How did you spend New Years Eve?

JacksSmirkingRevenge

Faithless, But Living With The Pain
VIP User
November 29, 2020
Me, or us, we sat watching crap tv with the kid. Playing board games and Mario Kart with the kid.

Was great.
We never go out for it anyways, so eating snack food, getting pizza delivered and doing dozens of 200cc races? Perfect!

How about you guys?

Pretty much the same as you, sans Mario Kart. Watched some Planet Earth (my first grader both loves and hates when the predators win), watched some fireworks in the park behind our house, board games, ate way too much cheese.

I love being old and boring. New Year's Eve used to be stressful, fighting through crowds for hours to get to the bar, then once in the bar, fighting through the crowd to get overpriced drinks after having already paid at the door. We used to live just a few blocks from Times Square which was just stupid on NYE. Quite glad to be free of all that and be able to stay in and try to get fat instead.

Pretty much the same as you, sans Mario Kart. Watched some Planet Earth (my first grader both loves and hates when the predators win), watched some fireworks in the park behind our house, board games, ate way too much cheese.

I love being old and boring. New Year's Eve used to be stressful, fighting through crowds for hours to get to the bar, then once in the bar, fighting through the crowd to get overpriced drinks after having already paid at the door. We used to live just a few blocks from Times Square which was just stupid on NYE. Quite glad to be free of all that and be able to stay in and try to get fat instead.
Staying in and getting fat sounds perfect for most nights, to be fair!

Me, or us, we sat watching crap tv with the kid. Playing board games and Mario Kart with the kid.

Was great.
We never go out for it anyways, so eating snack food, getting pizza delivered and doing dozens of 200cc races? Perfect!

How about you guys?

Sat in with the better half and played Mario Kart, Trivial Pursuit and Uno. Was a good night to be fair!

I've watched movies. Revised once again the whole Harry Potter, two Fantastic Beasts films, The Lord of the Rings. In general, everything is old, but beloved. I don't know, holiday evenings inspire nostalgia.

Harry Potter films are quality holiday films. Same with Star Wars.

You're right. You can watch the classics forever. You already know the plot and have almost learned all the lines, but every time you watch it with pleasure. By the way, I also like The Hunger Games. Quite a dynamic plot, although the books describe everything in more detail.