• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

Can money actually buy you Happiness?

I believe it can absolutely buy you short term happiness in tangible things. As far as long-term, overall happiness I think it can buy you the time to find what truly makes you happy. So yeah, I believe it can.

If you're a material girl in a material world, money might buy some short-lived equivalent of happiness. Otherwise no, the way to happiness is virtue. Only those who don't have money think the acquisition of it is going to solve all their problems.

Everybody must of heard of the quote ��Money Can�t Buy You Happiness��.

What�s everyone's opinion on it? True? False? Maybe?
You should have added a poll to this lol... Money can make you happy but it won't ever fill the gap inside of you that is making you unhappy to begin with...

You tryna buy some molly?
I mean happiness or something lol
naw but really definitely helps having money more than not, more opportunities to piss away on your way to no money

I don't think happiness is measured in money. Happiness is measured in those moments that you live next to loved ones. Happiness with experience and impressions. Money is just a tool that helps to gain experience. Having money, you can arrange your life, live in comfort, travel. Routine and lack of funds, the need to save on everything, kills the happiness of being close to loved ones.

I don't think happiness is measured in money. Happiness is measured in those moments that you live next to loved ones. Happiness with experience and impressions. Money is just a tool that helps to gain experience. Having money, you can arrange your life, live in comfort, travel. Routine and lack of funds, the need to save on everything, kills the happiness of being close to loved ones.

Golden words, I totally agree!

The first part of your statement is Buddhist anchored, intentional or no, nicely said. The last part though, not so much. I have been around and experienced routine (life as a whole is routine) and lack of funds for many years early in life, but it did not make me any less happy. That statement can only be apply on an individual basis depending on the persons mental state overall. If you have human necessities; food, shelter, love and family (sometimes family can suck though), then all the added things in society can be either good or bad based on attachment level you apply to them as an individual. Now if you are speaking poverty level, true poverty level, then yes, lack of funds can likely make people unhappy. But at the same time, those people are likely those that are in and around wealth and modern society structures. There are many undeveloped areas still around that have incredible people, whom are happy and joyous within their lives.

Money can give you temporary, enjoyed experiences, but never lasting happiness. As well, money can give people constant, instant gratification, which leads to unhealthy attachments. It is a delicate scale honestly and many people struggle with it through life.

Find peace inside, look for non-materialistic doings, and work to build deeper, meaningful friendships/relationships with your type of "tribe" and you will be well on the way to being happier and staying happier. Sometimes it is hard to find the right tribe in today's world though!

it can buy you certain types of happiness like success in business , buying a house or car, plane, rocket etc ... or help you or someone you love get cured from an illness..but it cannot buy true & real love & friends....And in the end the real eternal happiness is in the after life, where you live forever without getting thirsty,hungry,poor,sick an eternal life with no death in paradise🤍💖🌹

Everybody must of heard of the quote ��Money Can�t Buy You Happiness��.

What�s everyone's opinion on it? True? False? Maybe?

Welp its true mean at least i can buy games + season pass/ dlc, action figure, other stuff.
Also i can pay bills monthly, keep increasing my old day savings.
I just need to be content with things i have, not comparing myself to others