Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Good Horror Movies?

I'm looking at watching some good horror movies, any recommendations?

Faithless, But Living With The Pain
    Threads

Re: Good Horror Movies?

Define “good”.
    Some of my favourites (Martyrs, Inside, Ghostland) are amazing films, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend them to anyone.

I do always recommend Sinister for mainstream films.
    Recently, Tailgate and Two Heads a creek are a couple of lesser knowns that might go down well.
    Then Possessor, if you’re into weird body horror.
    “You met me at a very strange time in my life”
    - The Narrator

Originally Posted by Jack’s Smirking Revenge
    Define “good”.
    Some of my favourites (Martyrs, Inside, Ghostland) are amazing films, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend them to anyone.

I do always recommend Sinister for mainstream films.
    Recently, Tailgate and Two Heads a creek are a couple of lesser knowns that might go down well.
    Then Possessor, if you’re into weird body horror.
    Thank you (:

I like to watch insidious, since its kinda retable in spirit possession part.

I love horror films, I don't know what it is about them that makes me want to watch more and more. I also love to make people scared, so I will often watch a horror movie with my friends and laugh at their reactions. This year, I have watched all the best horror films, from Don't Breathe 2 to The Nun. My favorite horror film of all time is Don't Breathe 2, because it's so scary and has a great story. It's really hard to find a good horror film these days as most of them are remakes or sequels.

I've never seen any of the Saw films because they are not scary, so if you're looking for a good horror film then you should definitely check out Don't Breathe 2!
    Last edited by OfficialJesseP; September 16th, 2022 at 12:20 PM.
    Ima huge fan Hotel Transylvania 4 is the upcoming fourth installment in the Hotel Transylvania franchise. It is scheduled to be released on December 22, 2021.

How's it going, eh?
    Administrator
    Threads

Originally Posted by TheCrow
    Halloween (1978), Black Christmas (1974, Canadian made), Duel (1971), Race with the Devil (1975) are just a few off the top of my head.
    Your Ad Here

$10.00 PayPal or Bitcoin for a month
    $50.00 PayPal or Bitcoin for 6 months
    $100.00 PayPal or Bitcoin for a year

Originally Posted by TheCrow
    Tough question.

Halloween (1978), as the previous person recommended, is great. Another classic one for the ages is from the same director "The Thing" (1982), a perfect mix of Sci-fi with terror. Mixing the same genre, there's also "Event Horizon" (1997).

Most recently, if you are into slasher with some gore, I recommend you "Terrifier" (2016).

How's it going, eh?
    Administrator
    Threads

Originally Posted by Shinji"TripleH"Lee
    Tough question.

Halloween (1978), as the previous person recommended, is great. Another classic one for the ages is from the same director "The Thing" (1982), a perfect mix of Sci-fi with terror. Mixing the same genre, there's also "Event Horizon" (1997).

Most recently, if you are into slasher with some gore, I recommend you "Terrifier" (2016).
    I've seen both The Thing & Terrifier. Both were pretty good, I prefer the '82 version of The Thing over the recent remake & Terrifier is getting a sequel so it'll be interesting to see what Art does after the ending of the first one.
    Your Ad Here

Originally Posted by OfficialJesseP
    I've seen both The Thing & Terrifier. Both were pretty good, I prefer the '82 version of The Thing over the recent remake & Terrifier is getting a sequel so it'll be interesting to see what Art does after the ending of the first one.
    Well, the 2011 version of The Thing is a prequel instead of a remake, though it seems there's a true remake in the works that would truly use traditional special effects and not CGI, we'll.

Art will do murder. That's it.

Right now, I'm very excited for the "Hellraiser" remake. Less than two weeks away!

How's it going, eh?
    Administrator
    Threads

Originally Posted by Shinji"TripleH"Lee
    Well, the 2011 version of The Thing is a prequel instead of a remake, though it seems there's a true remake in the works that would truly use traditional special effects and not CGI, we'll.

Art will do murder. That's it.

Right now, I'm very excited for the "Hellraiser" remake. Less than two weeks away!
    Ah okay yeah thanks for clearin' that up about the recent The Thing movie, it's good to hear a true remake is being made with more practical effects than CG like the original.

I saw the trailer for the new Hellraiser & after seeing every single one so far I'll be honest & say I'm not too excited for this one. I think the new Pinhead is supposed to be a woman at least that's how it looked to me which I'm not sexist in any way, shape or form but to me Pinhead will always be a male.

Also seeing as how it'll be on a streaming service & not in theaters I've got a feeling it won't do too well & will end up being forgotten along with most of the other not so great entries in the series, sort of like the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie but I guess time will tell.
    Your Ad Here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last