• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

Support for Minecraft on PS3 and PS Vita Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

DH63

Familiar Face
December 4, 2018
minecraft-banner-youtube.png

[size=xx-large]It's been one hell of a ride![/size]

Miners, crafters, and explorers beware! Minecraft support has been declared deceased for the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita after the Nightmare Before Christmas Mash-Up Pack was released, effectively adding the game to an ever-growing list of unsupported titles for older consoles.

In a small interview Microsoft had very little to say on the matter, simply stating the following:

"The older generation of consoles now make up less than five percent of our active players, so we've made the difficult decision to focus our efforts to support players where they play Minecraft the most."

Minecraft will remain receiving support for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC / Mac.

[quote="DH63" pid='519' dateline='1545281721']
minecraft-banner-youtube.png

[size=xx-large]It's been one hell of a ride![/size]

Miners, crafters, and explorers beware! Minecraft support has been declared deceased for the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita after the Nightmare Before Christmas Mash-Up Pack was released, effectively adding the game to an ever-growing list of unsupported titles for older consoles.

In a small interview Microsoft had very little to say on the matter, simply stating the following:

Minecraft will remain receiving support for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC / Mac.

[/quote]

I think I'm more surprised that this game is still going fairly strongly, all things considered.

[quote="JB" pid='526' dateline='1545298756']

I think I'm more surprised that this game is still going fairly strongly, all things considered.
[/quote]

It's a pretty popular game for how long the title has been out. The updates for it are still being packed with great content and bug fixes... granted, I only play it on PC so I'm not sure how other platforms are fairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.