• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

Stuck in Siberia 3 due to bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

I'm quite far into this game on PS4 and for those that know it I am at the point in Valsembor where Kate goes underwater to open some locks. At the first lock she has to fix the mechanism by picking up various cogs/gears and putting them together. I was able to pick things up once I was playing straight through from earlier on in the game. However I signed out at this point and when I tried to continue a bit later, I found that I could no longer interact with or pick anything up. The icon to do so shows but when I use that button on the controller, there's just a click and then nothing happens.

I did find some saved games here and the guy who uploaded them said in the text file that he tested a backup save at the same point and he also found he could no longer interact with anything either. So I'm guessing the bug comes into effect if you stop the game at this point and then try to resume from your save. Whereas if you start from an earlier save, hopefully you can keep on going as I was doing originally.

Bear in mind this game uses autosave only so there are no earlier saved games on my system, just the one file which is stuck at this point.

So my options seem to be to shell out for Save Wizard and (hopefully) use that to import a save before the point where I am stuck, or else re-play the entire game and just keep going once I reach this point. The problem with that is it's quite far into the game and who's to say the bug doesn't just continue from there, so I might put all that time into it to end up with the same problem.

I wonder if anyone who has played or knows the game can offer any suggestions as to how to get over this bug apart from those two options - maybe there's something I'm missing! Also, if I do play it through again from the start are there any more stuck points like this one? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm the one who created the saveset for the game

Yeah, where kate goes under the water is the only bug
I came across through the game whilst creating the saveset

Which is why I have the save at the point of where she needs
to go through all the steps in the shed first

But it is a very good game

Hey thanks for replying here, I appreciate it. Good to know that someone else experienced this bug and that it seems to be the only one. I’ve actually started the game from scratch and am slowly getting to the point where I got stuck. So I’ll back up the Savegame at the same point as you mention so that I can return to it if need be. At least I feel it’s worth it given what you say and that if I can keep going rather than stopping at the locks then I should be able to continue. Yes I agree, it is a very good game, not perfect but very enjoyable despite the negative reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.