• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

The PS2 is Now 20 Years Old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrogen

Cybersecurity Analyst
VIP User
March 4, 2020
JpjV9n0.jpg

The PlayStation 2 has achieved it's twenty year mark today on March 4th, 2020. As time has come along, many users have been posting their memories from their childhood. To re-live this moment, users have started plugging in their old console just to hear the sweet sound of the booting process. Inserting their discs of Need for Speed: Underground 2, SOCOM, Spyro, Legends of Dragoon, Final Fantasy, and so much more. How couldn't this be one of the biggest selling consoles in the world?

Do you have any memories for the PS2? If so, come share them with us!

Hard to think it's already been 20 years. I actually came across a bunch of my old PS2 games today, including NFSU2. One of the best racing games of all time.

I absolutely do have some memories of the PS2. It released at just the right moment for me. I was 7 when I got it. So many good arcade games. SSX, EyeToy, Buzz, Tony Hawk's and then you had your movie adaptions and all sorts of AA games you just don't see on PS4 anymore. And then I got my PS2 chipped and then I could buy copies for £5 at my local market! 3 copies for £10! What a time to be alive. No updates, DLC, microtransactions etc. And then I would get cheat books from my local newsagents with my spends. And then I got ActionReplay to cheat some more! (And this is why I love SaveWizard so much, it's a nostalgia trip). I didn't have the internet during this time. I had to get my uncle to print off a sheet of codes from the codejunkies website which I would then have to spend what felt like ages typing those codes in with the PS2 controller. And if I wanted to play with friends then we would go over to each others houses and play Coop.

Status
Not open for further replies.