• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Xbox Series S console in front of the Xbox Series X may look rather faded. But Microsoft says it wasn't designed to be a budget option for the next generation. The console was released as the next generation for those who are going to play at 1080p resolution.

Technical issues:

• Xbox Series S CPU: 3.4-3.6 GHz (Series X has 3.6-3.8 GHz).
  • GPU: 20 processing units at 1.55 GHz, about 4 teraflops (Series X 12 teraflops).
  • Memory: 10 Gigabytes of GDDR6, 224 GB/sec.
  • Drive: 512 GB.

Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S - what are you planning to buy?

The Xbox Series S console in front of the Xbox Series X may look rather faded. But Microsoft says it wasn't designed to be a budget option for the next generation. The console was released as the next generation for those who are going to play at 1080p resolution.

Technical issues:

• Xbox Series S CPU: 3.4-3.6 GHz (Series X has 3.6-3.8 GHz).
  • GPU: 20 processing units at 1.55 GHz, about 4 teraflops (Series X 12 teraflops).
  • Memory: 10 Gigabytes of GDDR6, 224 GB/sec.
  • Drive: 512 GB.

Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S - what are you planning to buy?

As a PC player and part-time PS4 player, I'll likely not get either - but both the Series X and Series S look like they will be decent consoles. If I was to buy one, I would be getting the X, just for the additional power and the ability to play at 4K. It's interesting that the S is designed for 1080p gaming rather than 4K. I guess it puts a clear divide between both options, whereas both different versions of the PS5 are identical, except for the digital version's omission of a disc drive.

Xbox Series X. It has more value for the price considering the 1TB SSD, Disc drive, and more power/4K. If you want to buy more SSD storage that works with new gen games it cost an additional $220 so it's better to get the one with more GBs especially with how big games are nowadays. I don't plan to buy another SSD, I will just store games on my regular SSD or HDD and transfer them over as it only takes like 10 minutes per game.

Xbox Series X. It has more value for the price considering the 1TB SSD, Disc drive, and more power/4K. If you want to buy more SSD storage that works with new gen games it cost an additional $220 so it's better to get the one with more GBs especially with how big games are nowadays. I don't plan to buy another SSD, I will just store games on my regular SSD or HDD and transfer them over as it only takes like 10 minutes per game.

Thank you for the detailed explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.