Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S

The Xbox Series S console in front of the Xbox Series X may look rather faded. But Microsoft says it wasn't designed to be a budget option for the next generation. The console was released as the next generation for those who are going to play at 1080p resolution.

Technical issues:

• Xbox Series S CPU: 3.4-3.6 GHz (Series X has 3.6-3.8 GHz).
    • GPU: 20 processing units at 1.55 GHz, about 4 teraflops (Series X 12 teraflops).
    • Memory: 10 Gigabytes of GDDR6, 224 GB/sec.
    • Drive: 512 GB.

Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S - what are you planning to buy?

"Remember, no Russian."
    Administrator

Credits

Re: Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S

Originally Posted by Steve_12
    The Xbox Series S console in front of the Xbox Series X may look rather faded. But Microsoft says it wasn't designed to be a budget option for the next generation. The console was released as the next generation for those who are going to play at 1080p resolution.

Technical issues:

• Xbox Series S CPU: 3.4-3.6 GHz (Series X has 3.6-3.8 GHz).
    • GPU: 20 processing units at 1.55 GHz, about 4 teraflops (Series X 12 teraflops).
    • Memory: 10 Gigabytes of GDDR6, 224 GB/sec.
    • Drive: 512 GB.

Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S - what are you planning to buy?
    As a PC player and part-time PS4 player, I'll likely not get either - but both the Series X and Series S look like they will be decent consoles. If I was to buy one, I would be getting the X, just for the additional power and the ability to play at 4K. It's interesting that the S is designed for 1080p gaming rather than 4K. I guess it puts a clear divide between both options, whereas both different versions of the PS5 are identical, except for the digital version's omission of a disc drive.
    Co-owner, sysadmin and developer. Found a bug? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I was very intrigued by the Xbox Series S version, I've never had an xbox, and for money it's more affordable than the Series X, and the 1080p resolution is enough for me.

I have never had an Xbox or PS. Every time another new product comes out, I think maybe I should buy something now - but then I look at the price and change my mind...

Xbox Series X. It has more value for the price considering the 1TB SSD, Disc drive, and more power/4K. If you want to buy more SSD storage that works with new gen games it cost an additional $220 so it's better to get the one with more GBs especially with how big games are nowadays. I don't plan to buy another SSD, I will just store games on my regular SSD or HDD and transfer them over as it only takes like 10 minutes per game.

Originally Posted by LootServices
    Xbox Series X. It has more value for the price considering the 1TB SSD, Disc drive, and more power/4K. If you want to buy more SSD storage that works with new gen games it cost an additional $220 so it's better to get the one with more GBs especially with how big games are nowadays. I don't plan to buy another SSD, I will just store games on my regular SSD or HDD and transfer them over as it only takes like 10 minutes per game.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation!

Originally Posted by SeanGrey
    Thank you for the detailed explanation!
    No problem.