• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!
  • To reduce spam posts and drive activity from members, and let members who post saves and cheats to get something in return for their research, we have thrown together a plugin that allows us to fulfill both. To hide your links, use the following bbcodes:
    Which allows you to select which reacts you want in order to unlock the download link or
    Which allows you to charge a certain credit amount in order for someone to get access to the download link The button will look like this in the bottom right of the postbit

Marvel's Avengers - Tutorial - How to mod your gear

Code_Doktor

November 10, 2020
Hello fellow... er... crickets!

(Well, I at least hope this thread pulls in people from search engines)

Actually tried posting this on other forums but it seems said forums are broken and aren't accepting new registrations.

Going to discuss how to mod your gear's stats in Marvel's Avengers.

What this can do: Reassigned your 3 primary stats on any piece of gear.

What this can't do: Change any perks on a piece of gear. Haven't figured that out yet and it looks to be much more complicated than I thought it'd be.

This involves going into Save Wizard's advanced mode and looking for particular values on a piece of gear. You will need to find a hex conversion calculator for this. Simply typing in a request in google can help, such as "47 in hex" will spit out the result for 0x2F (in which all you need is 2F). So for example... say you looted a piece of gear with good perks but lousy stats. The primary stat is 34 proficiency. You'd want to know what 34 is in hex, so you'd google '34 in hex' to get the value of '22'. Can also use this: Hexadecimal to Decimal Converter

If you don't know, hex works on a different scale than regular number.

Instead of 1-20 being 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20 - you instead have letters filling in for values before it switches back to number. This is a scale from A through F. Think of it like playing cards where you have 1-10, and then a Jack (11), Queen (12) and King (13). With hex you have 10, A, B, C, D, E, F, 11, 12 13... all the way up to 19, then it'll go 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F and then 20. That means the actual value of 20 isn't actually 20, since the prior letter values inflate the normal scale. 14 would be the actual value of 20, due to there having to be a 1A through 1F before you get to 11, 12, etc.

So, understanding this, you know the value you are looking for is going to be 22. Now you need to find the value for proficiency. These are the set values for the various stats:

B6 FA 0C A4 xx Intensity
57 7A 20 BB xx might
B2 32 9D E8 xx precision
66 99 74 DD xx proficiency
3C 54 CB 2B xx resilience
03 23 67 4E xx resolve
42 77 6E 51 xx Valor

The "XX" is where your value would be. In this case we know we're looking for proficiency of 22, which will read as "669974DD22". Now, that's too many digits for save wizard to search for in one shot. Save Wizard can only search for 8 values at a time, and that's a 10 digit code, so what we'd do is skip the first 2 so we can include the last 2, being the value of 22. When we find a possible hit on the search, we then need to backtrack on the line of code you land on to ensure that the '66' at the start of the line of code for proficiency is still there so we know we have the right stat.

The next thing we need to do is make sure we're even looking at the right gear piece, since it is possible you may have another piece of gear somewhere that happens to have 22 proficiency on it. You want to see what the item level of the gear piece is. Say the piece is a fresh 130 gear piece. You may have a lot of gear at 130 already, which will only make the search for that piece even harder. What I recommend doing here is boosting the gear piece to another value, like 131 up to 139. These are values 83 up to 8B in hex. (8D is 140, the max, if you're looking to mod gear that's already fully maxed out).

Now, the line of codes for a piece of gear looks like this:
... oh it appears this site doesn't actually support uploading images into a post. AWESOME....

Try this link instead: Marvel's Avengers Gear Editing — ImgBB

I've sectioned off readouts by colored boxes in the image. The red box is the start of the entry for that piece of gear. It consists of 10 digits. The last two digits are the gear's item value, while the 8 digits before that seem to indicate which save slot that piece of gear was obtained on. I think. Either way those first digits aren't important. It's the last two you're looking for. In this exmaple image the gear piece I was hunting down was 8A, which was a 138 gear piece.

Now, notice there are 3 blue box areas. Those are the 3 stats on the gear piece. Yeah, there's going to be a lot of zeroes between each stat, but according to the key I listed above, the 3 stats in this example are proficiency 48, valor 47 and then precision 46.

Now - can use the above table of stats to rewrite the three stats to whatever you want. If you want might, might and more might you can do that. The highest value you can mod a gear's stat is FF, which is 255.

Now. Here's where I warn you about being banned for cheating online.

DO NOT GO CRAZY WITH THIS. Don't give yourself might 255, might 255 and might 255 on one piece of gear. This makes you an easy target for the devs to find if you use something that ridiculous online. For regular gear I recommend ONLY changing what stat appears on the piece of gear you want, and only maxing out the stat value to 60, which is 3C.

So in other words, if you wanted to make this piece of gear's 3 stats change to might, precision and proficiency as an all around damage oriented piece of gear, you'd use the values 577A20BB3C (60 might), B2329DE83C (60 precision), 669974DD3C (60 proficiency).

That won't give you a questionably high stat value that will appear on radar.

Now -- if you want to give yourself a 'mostly under the radar' overall stat increase, what I recommend doing is obtaining two minor artifacts on every hero that you buy from Maddy or Gaffer. Go offline and cycle your system's date to make them change out their vendor inventory by seven days. This will let you find a minor artifact that they sell that has nice perks, like something that increases your ultimate or heroic charge rates, etc. Buy 2 of these for every character. Then, boost them all to item level 131 or up to 139. Make sure they're all the same. It doesn't matter if the artifact only has 2 stats listed on it or not, as you can add the third in by knowing where it would be (refer to example image) and adding in the code for it.

Now when you go to edit that save, you'll be searching for the same thing on all of them. You'll be able to see the item level and the 2 or 3 stats that are on that piece of gear, so you will know that's the same artifact you are trying to edit. I recommend you boost the first artifact on every character to, say, 138. Then the second one you boost to 139. That lets you figure out what's an A or a B artifact on everybody.

Find the items and then edit in on the A artifact the 3 stats of Might, Precision and Intensity. On the B artifacts, mod in Resolve, Resilience and Valor. (We are intentionally ignoring crits as to not give yourself a freaking ridiculously high crit chance, which will result in you killing things way too fast).

This will overall give you a baseline of something like 2500 melee, ranged, defense and heroic rating. While that is an overall high buff, no one stat is 'too high' enough to put you on the radar, as you can hard spec gear for one stat to hit 4k+ (if you're lucky on RNG). What Crystal Dyanamics' team is looking for are people that inflated their stats to 9999 or something stupidly easy to identify. What is harder for them to find is an overall buff to almost all stats that is still within the range of normal spec. You're evading radar detection by increasing all stats (except crit chance) up to a certain point. While they technically can still find you, it's much harder to do, and if you're aware of what problems the devs have with the game, they aren't going to find you any time soon. They have banned over 10k players on PC for buffing their stats to 9999. As long as you aren't going stupid crazy with it, you should be good.

Overall this will allow you to beat the tar our of bad RNG drops, or getting an exotic, which already has terribly low drop rates, and then finding out the exotic has terrible stats. With the 'all around' buff to minor artifacts, this not only gives you a high increase in survivability, but doesn't make you so overpowered that you're one shotting everything beyond what a hard spec normal player can do, but also means you won't be a glass cannon and can tank several big hits. You CAN still die, but it'll be much harder to do and if you have any decent skill at the game you'll be able to power on through and heal yourself in a pinch. You'll also be able to solo megahives with any character while you hunt down exotics for them.

Now -- all this said, I am still looking for assistance and feedback in determining how you can change the perks on gear, and the rarity. What what I can tell, the section of code I found for each piece of gear does not contain the perks for gear. That means it's more than likely one gear piece has at least 2 entries on save files to record keep what the stats are, and then elsewhere what the actual perks and rarity are. I messed with a lot of values trying to see what's what, and even had duplicate items I looted from running the same missions repeatedly that didn't have similar correlating values that could be the same perks, so defo' need help identifying where the perks are (and then would need to start compiling a list of what values = what specific perk).

Since this forums isn't exactly 'active', not expecting much here, but as one of the only WORKING forums that has a (currently near empty) save wizard section, it gets the above post for lucky Avengers players to start experimenting with. I've personally been hex editing since the ol' Gameshark/xploder/actionreplay days on PS2, then PSP (cheatmaster) PS3 (Game Genie) and now PS4 with Save Wizard. My goal is NOT to ruin the experience for others in online play. If you do intend on going the 9999 route, please do not play online. Play solo and be warned that even if you're not playing with other people, the devs can read your stat information as long as you're connected online. If you don't want to get banned, do as i've suggested.

I'm on mobile, so I'll format and expand on this later. Your hexadecimal explanation was a little confusing and has a few errors, so I'll try to explain it a little better. If you want, you can link to this post or copy paste it, just making it to help :P

All 16 unique hexadecimal digits are from 0 to F. We have the normal decimal digits (0-9) and an extra 6 digits: A through F (equivalent to decimal 10 - 15).

EDIT: here's the little less confusing explanation of the hexadecimal system and how it works.
This is going to be dumbed down a bit, if you are looking for something more in depth you can use Google.
This little guide is aimed at people wanting to understand hexadecimal to an extent.
You can always just use any converter and skip all this crap lol (Windows Calculator is one if you select the programming calculator).

So hexadecimal, to “borrow” from Wikipedia is a positional numeral system that represents numbers using a radix or base of 16.
(SIDENOTE: the base or radix of a system means how many unique digits that system has to represent all the numbers. Examples: 10 unique digits (0-9) in total for the decimal system, 2 (0-1) for binary, 16 (0-F) for hex).
With that in mind, everything else stays as we know it, addition, multiplication, division, subtraction are all the same, etc. even increasing a number by 1. Just know that unlike the decimal system, we stop at F (=15) and not 9.
Example:
Decimal numbers 0 to 20: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Equivalent order (0 to 20) but in hex: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, 10(=16), 11(=17), 12(=18), 13(=19), 14(=20)

Now how can we use the hex system ourselves? Unless you are a masochist, use a converter my guy... Anyway, if you are looking to double-check your conversions or are just curious, here are the math behind converting from and to hexadecimal.

How to convert hex to decimal:
Any number in hex can be converted to a decimal number following a very basic formula.
Say we have a hex number with n (n being any real number) number of digits. To convert it to decimal, we would use the following formula: (d[SUB]0[/SUB] * 16[SUP]0[/SUP]) + (d[SUB]1[/SUB] * 16[SUP]1[/SUP]) + (d[SUB]2[/SUB] * 16[SUP]2[/SUP]) + ... + (d[SUB]n-1[/SUB] * 16[SUP]n-1[/SUP])
So what does that equation mean? Let's break it apart. In the equation above, d[SUB]0[/SUB] represent the digit in the 0th position (from the right to the left), d[SUB]1[/SUB] is the digit in the 1st position (from the right to the left) and so on.
If I for example we have the hex number 5A3 the equation above would look like this: (3 × 16[SUP]0[/SUP]) + (10 × 16[SUP]1[/SUP]) + (5 × 16[SUP]2[/SUP]) which equals to 3 + 160 + 1280 = 1443 so 5A3 = 1443. (SIDENOTE: A = 10)

How to convert decimal to hex:
To convert a decimal number back to hex, you would divide that number with 16, saving any remainders as we keep dividing until our quotient becomes zero. Then we flip the order of the remainders and switch them to the hex digits (anything above 9 becomes a letter else it stays the same), and that's our hex number.
Example:
Say we have number 1553 and want its equivalent in hex:
1553 / 16 has a quotient of 97 and a remainder of 1.
97 / 16 has a quotient of 6 and a remainder of 1.
6 / 16 has a quotient of 0 and a remainder of 6.
So our remainders are 1,1, and 6, if we flip them over we get hex number 661 which equals to the decimal number 1553.

Last edited:
Woops. Yeah I messed up the translation of hex digits. That's what I get for not sleeping more than a few hours this week. (wooooo)

As said above, hex digits after 9 will sequence A, B, C, D, E, F and then cycle back into numbers 10, 11, 12 etc., up until 1A, 1B, 1C, etc.

Still have not found a correlation between gear and perks, but I know the gear system supports different perks on gear as some exotics, like Storm gear, have RNG elemental perks on them while only having one static perk between them (tachyon surge).

Unless i'm mistaken, apparently something changed here and the 'save wizard' forum was removed, and now this thread was thrown into a directory exclusively for game saves. If save wizard forums are no longer a thing then discussion on code creation as with this thread likely doesn't won't have much feedback here, and that's the only reason i'm on this site.