• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!
  • If you've previously logged in via'Google or Discord and are now unable to do so you'll need to request a password reset which will be emailed to you via the link here: Lost password
  • To reduce spam posts and drive activity from members, and let members who post saves and cheats to get something in return for their research, we have thrown together a plugin that allows us to fulfill both. To hide your links, use the following bbcodes:
    Which allows you to select which reacts you want in order to unlock the download link or
    Which allows you to charge a certain credit amount in order for someone to get access to the download link The button will look like this in the bottom right of the postbit

(Theory) How to sync modified trophies to your PSN (PS4) Account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayingUnfairly

VIP User
VIP User
October 13, 2020
There's 3 Methods into doing this, there's Retail, Jailbreak and then Testkit methods.

Note, I won't explain how to decrypt the trophy file and edit the file. Just going to mention how to sync. This process is based on the PS3 method which seems to only make sense on PS4.

Jailbreak:

Once you've modified the trophies you wanted to edit, put them back on the user and now you have two paths to choose, Jailbreak or Retail method. Jailbreak is updating the console to X.XX (newer FW above whatever Jailbreak FW you're on) but you'll lose the jailbreak. Wouldn't recommend this method but it's one of 3. If you done this then go onto that user you modified the trophies on and create/sign into PSN. Once signed in the trophies should sync.

Retail:

This method requires a jailbreak. Once you modified the trophies and put them back onto the user. You need to make a backup on your jailbreak onto an external HDD. Plug that HDD into your Retail and restore backup. Your Retail should now have the user from the jailbreak and when signed in. It should sync.

Testkit:

Testkit method is the best but hardest method. You must have access to the latest testkit pup files to get the newest games and to go online (so I believe) and you need to activate your license from devnet or maybe a payload could work by tricking the console into thinking it's valid. If you have success getting the latest Testkit Update Firmware (.pup) then proceed into modifying the trophies. Once you're done. All you have to do is create a PSN Account or sign into one and it should sync.

please note this process is theoretical but could work:pepewew:

Here's some possible info that could help. End of the day it's similar to PS3.

PS4 Retail / Debug Game Transfusion Guide, TestKit Trophies Working | PSXHAX - PSXHACKS

edit: me being stupid I forgot to mention this, you shouldn't get console banned by any of these methods since retail never got modified, testkit is official and jailbreak is always offline.

Update: everything I mentioned above was missing an important piece to it and that you need to PSN Activate that user with the PSN ID of the trophy folders (you may need go resign said trophy folders to yours) as to how to get your PSN ID. You can extract save data on your Retail PS4 and put it on your USB. When plugged in to your PC go to your USB > PS4 > SAVEDATA > there should be a folder there. That's where PSN ID's are when putting saves onto a USB. My guess with trophy modders is they might be able to extract the PSN ID when trying to sign into the web browser with inspect element.

again, not gonna say how to decrypt and edit the trophies as there is info out there to help with that.

Last edited:
Hey :)

Your retail Method doesnt work. You cant restore trophy folder because they dont Backup. You need sync before you Transfer your data or you lose your trophys. You can Backup trophy folder with FTP Access but you cant restore it without FTP Access (need jailbreak and then you cant sync ;) ). And when you restore Data from a jailbreak consol you need delete all Fake Package Games, saves and apps and delete apphistory or you risk a BAN from SEN.

When you Update from jailbreak consol and sync with Sony Server you have delete your apphistory and some files, games and savegames from Fake Package games or you risk a BAN from SEN.

There is a other method you can sync with SEN. You can do a SYSCON Glitch but this is not easy :O

it will never be like the Ps3. there are too many dependencies between apps and memory statuses. you can for example. also do not use any memory from a fake package for an original game. You have e.g. Game A installed as FPKG and would like to use the memory on your retail for the same game but the original from the store or from DVD. you will not be able to use the memory status even if they are from the same account because the fingerprint of the games does not match.

Regards

Last edited:
Hello, unless you tested this and can confirm then again, It's a theory.

Solutions:

Jailbreak. It is often people do want to return their Jailbreak back into a normal PS4, they update it and from there they're online just that some info on their HDD has been wiped as it's not meant to be part of 8.00 / 8.03 (or whatever FW down the line) perhaps FPKG's still remain but they're useless since they can't be launched.

Retail: now since I refer this whole process to PS3, it's the only one that makes sense since how else how Trophy modders actually doing it? Only main difference is backing up and restoring it on the Retail. Please note i'm not talking about editing the trophies to say "99999". I'm on about syncing.

basics is they extract the trophy folder out of the user on Jailbreak/testkit and decrypt XML and set it to unlock (for instant pops) or add time stamps (for legit custom times) and encrypting that XML file. Now next part is testing as you may have to resign that trophy folder for other users. Once returned back on the PS4 (Jailbreak/testkit) it's now doing the methods above. Backup and restore seems the best as no one wants to lose jailbreak.

I'm guessing you mean trophy folders? Simple. Install the game onto your console, once installed boot it up for a few secs. From there your user folder should now have been updated and contains a trophy folder. Again very similar to PS3 just once the modified trophy folder(s) are back on the console. Just one of three methods work. I may even missed some steps since no doubt you might have to resign that user ID as your PSN ID (easy to get). Similar to bruteforce and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.