• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!

Possibly implement this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

â™ 
VIP User
October 19, 2020
So, a long time ago when i was NGU before i got into coding. I remember there used to be mods locked specifically behind NGU Elite. You'd need to login and have NGU Elite to use x mod.

I remember it was on SPRX menus etc..

I was wondering, maybe P2 could implement a system where some devs could make stuff exclusive to say.. P2 VIP members?

I've a few ideas in mind, e.g trainers for PS4 games etc... and obviously if PS4 will eventually be able to go online with mods in the future. it could be used on menus etc

Obviously this is a long shot, but something i'd personally like to see... I'd help donate to the system being brought in, in the future if needs be...

This is a menu that used to be locked behind NGU Elite for example;
GTA 5 New NGU Elite SPRX! + Download! - YouTube

Last edited:
Couple problems with that. NGU's elite license system was easy to crack and remove any protection they had. We also do not have the extra devs on hand to make things such as that.

Oh really? i didn't know that, well... shit

Had a few ideas for P2 exclusive stuff for PS4/PC, it makes sense tho. it would require a lot to get it done, and to get it done right.

JB could just provide an API but unless there are some dedicated developers willing to put in the hours to create mods, trainers or whatever, there is no reason. Most of them can just use their own licensing system and earn money themselves. That's also primarly why NGU Elite's licensing system failed, other than being easy to crack. There just was nobody willing to dev things for free or even for some compensation, they just used their own licensing system anyway.

JB could just provide an API but unless there are some dedicated developers willing to put in the hours to create mods, trainers or whatever, there is no reason. Most of them can just use their own licensing system and earn money themselves. That's also primarly why NGU Elite's licensing system failed, other than being easy to crack. There just was nobody willing to dev things for free or even for some compensation, they just used their own licensing system anyway.

It might be something i delve into later down the line when P2 pops off a little more, having use of a API could open a few options ontop...

either way, even if this doesn't get implemented in the future or whatnot. it's not a deal breaker for me

It might be something i delve into later down the line when P2 pops off a little more, having use of a API could open a few options ontop...

either way, even if this doesn't get implemented in the future or whatnot. it's not a deal breaker for me

It's not a bad idea by any means. It will probably be discussed further down the line.

To touch base on this, we will certainly be offering an API of sorts when v3 is up and running. It won't be ready when v3 launches. In terms of authenticating a user, we can generate an API key on our side, but in terms of implementation on your side, I don't think we'll be able to offer a library to drop in. We will of course document the API so that you can learn how the endpoints work. We'll also likely restrict the API to applications only to minimize hits to it - more on that when we have a plan in mind for the API.

Status
Not open for further replies.