• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!
  • To reduce spam posts and drive activity from members, and let members who post saves and cheats to get something in return for their research, we have thrown together a plugin that allows us to fulfill both. To hide your links, use the following bbcodes:
    Which allows you to select which reacts you want in order to unlock the download link or
    Which allows you to charge a certain credit amount in order for someone to get access to the download link The button will look like this in the bottom right of the postbit

Please help!

First off, I use a MacBook, so not sure if that is a factor in regards to my issue. I’ve downloaded several PS4 game saves from both here and The Tech Game. A few have worked with no issues, but the majority have been downloaded as .bin files rather than zip files and my MacBook won’t open them. Even had a couple of.rar files. I’ve tried Stuffit Expander and The Unarchiver with no success. Is this issue common with MacBook users? Any ideas what I can do? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

the "BIN" files are the Save files.
You are most likely using the import function from Save Wizard to open Zip's.
Those "BIN" files are in the CUSA Folder right? (example folder structure: CUSA01337/sce_memory.bin)
Just put those CUSA Folders on the USB in another PSN ID Folder(see pic's below)
expm123.jpg
exmpl2.jpg
bins.jpg

You could also just zip the CUSA Folder and do it the way you used to do :jeb:

Attachments

• exmpl.jpg
    exmpl.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 58
First off, I use a MacBook, so not sure if that is a factor in regards to my issue. I’ve downloaded several PS4 game saves from both here and The Tech Game. A few have worked with no issues, but the majority have been downloaded as .bin files rather than zip files and my MacBook won’t open them. Even had a couple of.rar files. I’ve tried Stuffit Expander and The Unarchiver with no success. Is this issue common with MacBook users? Any ideas what I can do? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I keep meaning to move the below post to Player Squared, but in the meantime here's a link with a text tutorial that goes into a bit (too much) detail on resigning. For the RAR files, I have always recommended WinRAR because versions in the 5.70s and above present the least compatability issues with Save Wizard, but I don't believe there's a WinRAR version for Mac. WinZIP has a Mac version and it should work just fine the great majority of the time. Use WinZIP to unpack the RARs.

As Hopper helpfully pointed out, the bin files are the save files themselves, or at least part of them. Each PS4 save file consists of two PC files: a bin file and a file with an identical name but no extension ... and so small that some operating systems won't even display the extension-less files. Not sure how a Mac would display them. But if you're just seeing a bin file, not in a ZIP, then you want to take the CUSA folder that it's inside, and ZIP that CUSA folder. Then, in Save Wizard, import the ZIP. WinZIP is actually not the best option for creating the Zip as it sometimes messes with the filepath, so if the Mac OS can create ZIPs without any special program then just try that.

Anyway, more detail in this link. One of these days I'll move this over here...

FAQ & Troubleshooting Thread (PS4 Game Saves)
- NextGenUpdate

I keep meaning to move the below post to Player Squared, but in the meantime here's a link with a text tutorial that goes into a bit (too much) detail on resigning. For the RAR files, I have always recommended WinRAR because versions in the 5.70s and above present the least compatability issues with Save Wizard, but I don't believe there's a WinRAR version for Mac. WinZIP has a Mac version and it should work just fine the great majority of the time. Use WinZIP to unpack the RARs.

As Hopper helpfully pointed out, the bin files are the save files themselves, or at least part of them. Each PS4 save file consists of two PC files: a bin file and a file with an identical name but no extension ... and so small that some operating systems won't even display the extension-less files. Not sure how a Mac would display them. But if you're just seeing a bin file, not in a ZIP, then you want to take the CUSA folder that it's inside, and ZIP that CUSA folder. Then, in Save Wizard, import the ZIP. WinZIP is actually not the best option for creating the Zip as it sometimes messes with the filepath, so if the Mac OS can create ZIPs without any special program then just try that.

Anyway, more detail in this link. One of these days I'll move this over here...

FAQ & Troubleshooting Thread (PS4 Game Saves)
- NextGenUpdate

You did a great explanation of how it works - although I think his main point was the confusion of different file formats. I wrote my Save Wizard Guide Book a long time ago & periodically I update it. But it still covers lots of information any beginner would need to know. But back to the post Jobe13 made, he needs to know that zips are the only supported format to use his game saves on with save wizard, all of the other files people share sometimes are just without the containing folder it was supposed to be in. Like if someone shared just a .bin file it would be the game save, but it'd be useless without the containing folder surrounding it - that's it fi you didn't look up the CUSA ID & make it yourself.

yeah macs are trash.

Im on Mac and I click import then I select the cusa folder from desktop and it opens it up instead of just importing it and shows the bin files and open is blank and if I click bin files it obviously says unsupported file don't think u even resign on Mac also u can't use advanced mode without crashing and u can't add quick codes

Im on Mac and I click import then I select the cusa folder from desktop and it opens it up instead of just importing it and shows the bin files and open is blank and if I click bin files it obviously says unsupported file don't think u even resign on Mac also u can't use advanced mode without crashing and u can't add quick codes

simple fix get a windows computer which you should of gotten to begin with instead of paying double for something that isn't even compatible...

The most annoying thing about macbooks is their apple system. On the one hand, it's convenient that all the devices are connected. But if you suddenly forget, for example, the iCloud, you can say goodbye to the same iPhone...