• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!
  • To reduce spam posts and drive activity from members, and let members who post saves and cheats to get something in return for their research, we have thrown together a plugin that allows us to fulfill both. To hide your links, use the following bbcodes:
    Which allows you to select which reacts you want in order to unlock the download link or
    Which allows you to charge a certain credit amount in order for someone to get access to the download link The button will look like this in the bottom right of the postbit

How to change PS5 trophies date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR_Junior

Elite
May 9, 2021
Hi! Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the PS5 date so that the trophies date is changed too? I tried to change the console date to 2021, I disabled the internet and the trophy still unlocked with the current date!

Keep your PS5 offline until you figure out whether those trophies have synced to PSN or not. Have they? If they are showing up online then the date is on the servers and there's nothing you can do. Even if you don't manually sync the trophies, if you booted up the game at all while online, the game would then sync trophies.

If you check your online profile and see that the trophies you want to change are not yet synced with PSN, all you can really do is erase them off your PS5 and earn them again. Be aware that doing that means you're deleting everything else associated with your profile that hasn't been backed up to the servers, including game saves and all other trophies earned on that profile on that particular PS5 (but any trophies already synced with PSN will stay associated with your profile, and you won't lose game saves in the cloud, just local ones). So you would delete your profile, then to put it back on that PS5, just log in to that profile again. Make sure the PS5 is offline before you check your trophies to see if the unsynced trophies (the ones you want to change) are gone. If they are still there you might need to initialize your PS5 but you would definitely want to back up what you can (just don't sync the trophies) before trying that, and read up on what that entails.

If you're able to delete unsynced trophies from your PS5, just earn them again with the order and timing you want. But again, once they're synced they're stuck on the server.

Keep your PS5 offline until you figure out whether those trophies have synced to PSN or not. Have they? If they are showing up online then the date is on the servers and there's nothing you can do. Even if you don't manually sync the trophies, if you booted up the game at all while online, the game would then sync trophies.

If you check your online profile and see that the trophies you want to change are not yet synced with PSN, all you can really do is erase them off your PS5 and earn them again. Be aware that doing that means you're deleting everything else associated with your profile that hasn't been backed up to the servers, including game saves and all other trophies earned on that profile on that particular PS5 (but any trophies already synced with PSN will stay associated with your profile, and you won't lose game saves in the cloud, just local ones). So you would delete your profile, then to put it back on that PS5, just log in to that profile again. Make sure the PS5 is offline before you check your trophies to see if the unsynced trophies (the ones you want to change) are gone. If they are still there you might need to initialize your PS5 but you would definitely want to back up what you can (just don't sync the trophies) before trying that, and read up on what that entails.

If you're able to delete unsynced trophies from your PS5, just earn them again with the order and timing you want. But again, once they're synced they're stuck on the server.

Sorry, but you misunderstood: I'm talking about changing the console's date and time to a date in the past so that every trophy I unlock in a new game has that date. But I discovered that the PS5 has an internal clock that even changing the date manually the trophies are unlocked with the correct date!

Sorry, but you misunderstood: I'm talking about changing the console's date and time to a date in the past so that every trophy I unlock in a new game has that date. But I discovered that the PS5 has an internal clock that even changing the date manually the trophies are unlocked with the correct date!

Understood. Sounds like there's more than one clock inside the PS5, used for different purposes, meant to keep us from actually changing anything useful. There's a lot of talk in US legal communities in recent years about the "right to repair." What about the right to mod!

The question I thought you were asking, whether it's possible to change the date of trophies that have already been unlocked, I can't count the number of times that's been asked. At one point in 2020 I almost considered typing up a standard reply to that question so that I could then copy and paste it every time someone asked. So when I saw your question I assumed you were asking what so many others have.

Status
Not open for further replies.