• If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!
  • If you've previously logged in via'Google or Discord and are now unable to do so you'll need to request a password reset which will be emailed to you via the link here: Lost password

I Changed PS3 Trophy Time Stamps on Sony Server using TrophyIsGood

Hello guys, i've been tampering with HEN 4.9.1, Multiman and TrophyIsGood for a few weeks, been posting on PSX Place, and i want to share something that happened and also ask for some ideas:

TLDR: I changed the time stamps of already synced trophies on PS3 without intention and want to know what happened.

Well from the start i'm using TrophyisGood and Multiman to unlock trophies with edited time stamps of old PS3 games that servers got offline, doing the steps below i'm being able to do that on a dummy account to see if Sony will take any action against me:

1st - Synced account, this created the trophy files.
2nd - Opened the game, just to be sure.
3rd - Copied the files and edited them on TrophyIsGood, taking care of times stamps.
4th - Copied them back to console, without connection opened the trophy list, appeared 0%.
5th - Restored the DB
6th - Trophy list updated to 100%.
7th - Connected account and tried to sync, get error 80022d68, but the trophies do sync to Sony servers, they appear on another console, PSApp and other sites.

Now, i'm doing it for days even weeks to test a lot of things, one of the constants everyone says, including the developer of TrophyisGood, Mr. jcorrea, is that already synced trophies cannot in any way have the time stamps altered, sony servers will not let you do that.

Now the interesting part, yesterday i was testing a specific game that already had trophies unlocked and synced to sony servers, below the steps of what occurred:

1st - The game that i'll call "PS3GAMEUSA" isn't anymore on PS Store, the only version available is a PsVita, to fix that i had to download a pkg of the PS3GAMEUSA that i found online and install via HEN. PS3GAMEUSA has 3 region versions (USA, JAP, EUR) and 3 console versions (PS4, PS3, PSVita), i used the PS3 USA version, is one of those NP versions, no disc only digital.

2nd - I opened PS3GAMEUSA to see if the trophy list would be the same of the one i already have unlocked, it is the same, no new game created of trophy list, the account was already synced, so i just do the next step.

3rd - Time to copy the trophy files and edit them on TrophyisGood, to context PS3GAMEUSA was played on a PS4 before and had most trophies unlocked the legit way and uploaded to Sony servers, with correct time stamps and all, missing only 5 trophies and the platinum, till here everything is working as "intended".

4th - Now, when i load the said trophy files on TrophyisGood they are all unclaimed (the synced ones still can be edited), it's nothing strange, sometimes this happen and works as well, so i've read everywhere it's impossible to change timestamps of games already synced to sony servers and being the lazy bitch i am, i just "instant platinum" option and change the time stamps of the 5 missing trophies and platinum only.

5th - Copy them back to console, restore DB, open trophy list, it's 100% (don't check time stamps, only of the 5 edited and platinum), sync them to server, all good 100%, error 80022D68, all expected.

6th - Now the shock, after deleting and re-registering the account and syncing them back, the timestamps of the old trophies ALREADY SYNCED all have altered to the "instant platinum" times i had used, there are trophies unlocked 5 years before the game was released.

So everyone says trophies already synced cannot be changed, and i understand that this is not a lie but also not 100% true, and i want to know what happened, so if anyone has some idea of what could be the reason of that and if it's possible to revert back, below i'll put some of my ideas and a little more information:

• PSApp shows the "new" time stamps, on the PS4 console also shows the "new" time stamps, if you delete account, register again and resync the trophies come with the "new" time stamps.
  • PSNProfiles does show the old time stamps, what make me think two things, or sony servers have two trophy lists, new and old, or PSNProfiles dont change time stamps after a trophy has been claimed on their site.
  • One of the causes i think is that the game is one of those digital games that have only one trophy list, doesn't matter the version (JAP, USA, EUR) and (PS4, PS3, PSVita), maybe the trophies unlocked before were on a different version of the game or version of console, as i said above most the trophies were unlocked on a PS4 and i synced them to the PS3 to edit, maybe this causes the sync to think the trophies were not poppep and resync them over the ones already on server, or maybe sony servers have different lists for each version/console and show only the most recent, i don't know.
  • Please do not come here to say, "you should have checked them before sync", "your account will be banned", "that's no possible you're lying" or "you're checking the wrong place probably they did not change", first that i don't care about account problems, i want to understand what occurred and need help for that, second i've been testing this exploit for days now, i'm not an expert but i know what i'm seeing.
  • And finally, i'm using a dummy account, it's all for learning purposes.
Thank you!

I don't recommend editing synced folders you will get issues. The proper way to do trophies is to load the game offline which creates the trophy folder then edit the folder then sync it. Or if you have a folder collection already then you don't need to load the game but you will need to resign it if the folder was made on a different PSN account. Also people are correct you can't edit synced folders the only reason it worked for you is because you loaded the games which fixed the folder locally on your PS3. If synced properly you should be getting error 80022D55

Also you can't revert timestamps you can only sync older timestamps. PSN always keeps the oldest timestamps you sync.

PSNProfiles keeps whatever the original timestamp was when you updated your profile on the site. If you change a timestamp it wont change it on the site. Only ways around that is to remove account from site and add it back or hide all trophies then unhide and earn more.

Also Sony doesn't care about trophies only the firmware you are on if its detected.

Reactions: KingOfTheAeon