• Welcome Guest to the new PlayerSquared! Please be aware the site is a work in progress & we'd appreciate your help in letting us know which features from the old site we're currently missing as well as report any bugs you find via this thread here: Bugs/Missing Features
  • As of today April 26th, 2024 you are only permitted to have 1 shop thread. This means if you have multiple threads for various boosting services you must condense them down into one thread. You will have 1 week from April 26th, 2024 to make this change.
  • If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!
  • If you've previously logged in via'Google or Discord and are now unable to do so you'll need to request a password reset which will be emailed to you via the link here: Lost password
  • To reduce spam posts and drive activity from members, and let members who post saves and cheats to get something in return for their research, we have thrown together a plugin that allows us to fulfill both. To hide your links, use the following bbcodes:
    Which allows you to select which reacts you want in order to unlock the download link or
    Which allows you to charge a certain credit amount in order for someone to get access to the download link The button will look like this in the bottom right of the postbit

Multi An update concerning gamesave leeching

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Remember, no Russian.
ADMINISTRATOR
November 30, 2018
UK
Hi all,

Just a quick post to let you know about some alterations and investigations we've done over the past few days.

As many of you will be aware, certain game saves have been leeched from here, and posted to another site. It's done by the same douche fuck each time - you probably all know who it is and what site, but I'm opting not to name either the member in question, or the site. We don't want bad blood with the site, our only issue is with the guy causing this trouble.

We discovered there was a flaw in a certain part of the site that resulted in what should have been hidden URLs no longer being hidden (it wasn't covered by the plugin we use). We were not aware of this until around four days ago. On that day, we discussed how we go about patching it - do we disable that area of the site, or do we hide links? Or, do we take an alternative route?

We opted for the latter.

All links within the flawed section of the site are now automatically replaced by a fake URL - for a download that simply doesn't work. We chose this route as we discovered the person responsible was scraping the URL and automatically posting the leeched content on the other site immediately. Meaning, if he didn't notice (which unfortunately, he seemed to) that all content he copied over would also include a completely fake download link.

This means that as far as we're aware, the only way to gain access to your hidden content is, as it should be, by liking it.

He's now banned my account over on that site, probably because he wants to feel some kind of power and control missing from his real life. Maybe he has a thing for me. Perhaps he wasn't loved as a child. We'll never know.

If this douche-fuck decides to, he could make an account and like your content, and he will still have the ability to leech it. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about that without impacting genuine users, which we don't want to do. However, likes are permanent, and they also leave a timestamped log, meaning if he does do this, we will find him and remove his access to the site.

We are working on a better solution for the hide system that we'll hopefully share with you soon.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions for the hide system, let us know.

Hopefully this is the end of his antics, but I very much doubt it.

@JB Yeah you got a 2009 account banned right after groaning at one of his stolen posts. That's fucking ridiculous.

Well the save I posted yesterday still didn't end up there so maybe we're fine for now.
I'm leaving a fake link in the first 24 hours just in case, sorry for those who got a random save instead.

I'll also be changing all my links over the next few days cause his laziness didn't allow him to download and reup the saves, he just copied pasted everything lol
So if any of my links get private by accident like gow ragnarok yesterday please let me know.

Worst part is that innocent people got banned in the process. Maybe they can be unbanned? Don't know if that's possible tho.

Edit: Actually, worst part is that even if I write down "by Raging" on the folder, people will still think he's the OP cause we have the same fucking name.

@JB Yeah you got a 2009 account banned right after groaning at one of his stolen posts. That's fucking ridiculous.

Well the save I posted yesterday still didn't end up there so maybe we're fine for now.
I'm leaving a fake link in the first 24 hours just in case, sorry for those who got a random save instead.

I'll also be changing all my links over the next few days cause his laziness didn't allow him to download and reup the saves, he just copied pasted everything lol
So if any of my links get private by accident like gow ragnarok yesterday please let me know.

Worst part is that innocent people got banned in the process. Maybe they can be unbanned? Don't know if that's possible tho.

Edit: Actually, worst part is that even if I write down "by Raging" on the folder, people will still think he's the OP cause we have the same fucking name.

I won't lie, one of my first questions was "is that the same guy?" - came to the conclusion that you absolutely weren't 😂 unfortunate that it's a very similar name though as I feel you will get a lot of hate directed incorrectly at you.

If there are any innocents banned, they are welcome to message us over Discord, or send a contact message through the site (they get posted into Discord so the admin team can read them pretty much immediately).

Just went and looked to see if the two saves I've posted here got stolen and sure enough, they did. Bastard didn't even bother to change the post descriptions that I used.

Yeah, he was just scraping the content and auto-posting it directly. I've left a message with an admin there regarding the whole situation before things truly spiral out of hand, but I doubt I'm going to get a response as from what I have seen, someone in power there is fully aware of what he was doing and has allowed it. I'm not one to lead a witch hunt, but you guys who do all this hard work - you ought to be fully aware of the fact they are allowing your content to be leeched and cross-posted onto the other site. Or, at least that's how it seems, considering the messages he posted in our Discord this evening, containing a discussion between himself and what appears to be a serving member of staff discussing the fact I'm banned on there now. Unless he's faked those (which seems like far too much effort, really), they are fully aware of everything and have allowed it. Bear that in mind.

He's also attempted to claim we haven't fixed anything - yet, we have a log of his actions on site, what he was doing, when he did them - we can quite clearly see how he managed to see the hidden links. It's also why he stopped - because we figured out how he did it. Surely he would have continued if the flaw wasn't fixed 😂

Yeah, he was just scraping the content and auto-posting it directly. I've left a message with an admin there regarding the whole situation before things truly spiral out of hand, but I doubt I'm going to get a response as from what I have seen, someone in power there is fully aware of what he was doing and has allowed it. I'm not one to lead a witch hunt, but you guys who do all this hard work - you ought to be fully aware of the fact they are allowing your content to be leeched and cross-posted onto the other site. Or, at least that's how it seems, considering the messages he posted in our Discord this evening, containing a discussion between himself and what appears to be a serving member of staff discussing the fact I'm banned on there now. Unless he's faked those (which seems like far too much effort, really), they are fully aware of everything and have allowed it. Bear that in mind.

He's also attempted to claim we haven't fixed anything - yet, we have a log of his actions on site, what he was doing, when he did them - we can quite clearly see how he managed to see the hidden links. It's also why he stopped - because we figured out how he did it. Surely he would have continued if the flaw wasn't fixed 😂

Hopefully it results in them at least deleting the content with the user being stripped of any sort of status on the site, with ideally a ban, but going off of what you've said, I don't see that happening.

Kinda glad SW was being a bit of a bitch and not allowing me to add a new profile due to the 30 day lockout. I have something I've been working on, but of course need to test it first.

Going forward, we'll still use the same code as before or is there something new in the works?

Hopefully it results in them at least deleting the content with the user being stripped of any sort of status on the site, with ideally a ban, but going off of what you've said, I don't see that happening.

Considering it appears that the admins there are fully aware of his actions, he's more likely to get an award than a ban/demotion, but we can hope they realise how destructive this can be to their reputation.

Going forward, we'll still use the same code as before or is there something new in the works?

As of now, the hide tags/code that everyone has been using should be fine to use - we aren't aware of any other places where that content can be revealed without liking the post first. We are actively building a new system to replace the hide system entirely which will streamline the whole process for both uploaders and users, while still assigning likes/rep etc. It won't prevent someone from coming on, liking something, downloading it and reposting elsewhere (I'm not sure this is ever going to be achievable unfortunately) but it does at least mean logs are kept regarding who liked what - then it's just a process of elimination to remove the access of anyone found doing this.

So that’s why the last time he stole my save and posted it there and I was like wtf! So I wrote in his thread over there and called him a stealer so he made the post for me, like if I posted it over there

Wait i thought that site was dead 😂.

They even have someone naming simlar to Raging which i think is intentionally to faking him. Kinda dick move i must said.

Nope. After some research, I figured out he is the same elite member RAGING from 2020/2021: View Profile: RAGING
- NextGenUpdate

I knew I had seen this name a few times before. Got some quick codes on a couple of famous threads from him.

However, his original 2012 username is, in fact, ProbablyRaging. He had been banned for scamming in 2014 but didn't last long: View Profile: ProbablyRaging - NextGenUpdate
I wonder what happened...

Then, in 2019 he returned: View Profile: ProbablyRaging
- NextGenUpdate

And a few months after that, he became RAGING, note that he still had the same number of friends (38):
View Profile: RAGING
- NextGenUpdate

And recently (2023), changed back to ProbablyRaging.

Man, I love Wayback Machine.

and I never forget a Raging :jeb:

Nope. After some research, I figured out he is the same elite member RAGING from 2020/2021: View Profile: RAGING
- NextGenUpdate

I knew I had seen this name a few times before. Got some quick codes on a couple of famous threads from him.

However, his original 2012 username is, in fact, ProbablyRaging. He had been banned for scamming in 2014 but didn't last long: View Profile: ProbablyRaging - NextGenUpdate

- NextGenUpdate

And a few months after that, he became RAGING, note that he still had the same number of friends (38):
- NextGenUpdate

Confused in Raging lol ....

- NextGenUpdate

- NextGenUpdate

- NextGenUpdate

His account 100% had another name round the time he signed up - if you go back in his post history, you can see it quoted in responses from others.

(Update) I just got OP of all my stolen threads. My posts on them were ignored by him, thus for future references, that won't succeed. For those who want their saves back, messaging the Adm seems to work. Special thanks to KingOfTheAge.
Now I can finally keep those threads clean and updated :)

Good to hear you got ownership. The dude has ignored all of my PMs to date so far (I think I've sent three over the last week) as we're trying to clean up this situation, but he's totally ignoring me it seems.

I haven't posted a ton of saves, but I did switch all my links, so the ones he scraped have dead links over there now. I don't necessarily have a problem with saves being posted elsewhere, it's the internet, pretty hard to stop. It's just his method of taking all the credit for everyone else's time and effort that is so shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.