• If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!
  • If you've previously logged in via'Google or Discord and are now unable to do so you'll need to request a password reset which will be emailed to you via the link here: Lost password
  • To reduce spam posts and drive activity from members, and let members who post saves and cheats to get something in return for their research, we have thrown together a plugin that allows us to fulfill both. To hide your links, use the following bbcodes:
    Which allows you to select which reacts you want in order to unlock the download link. You must list the number for react options like above. ( you can list multiple options by doing 1,2,3,4,6) 1= Thanks 2= Love 3= Haha 4= Wow 6= Canada Thanks or
    Which allows you to charge a certain credit amount in order for someone to get access to the download link The button will look like this in the bottom right of the postbit

Multi Modded XCOM 2 Modded Starter Saves For Both Base Game and War Of The Chosen

This thread is massive guys thx for all your hard work. Just a question from someone who never played this game and wanted to play it from scratch with all the available starter saves.
What would you guess think about the completion time now with the modded save? The roadmap says 100 hours but it should be considerably faster. Anyone who could give a guess for the completion time to plat it?

Thx in advance!

I tried to do a fresh start save and it didn't freeze during the tutorial. It kept going thru the game like normal as if nothing is there. Same with WOTC. I just play through and there are no mods or anything.

This thread is massive guys thx for all your hard work. Just a question from someone who never played this game and wanted to play it from scratch with all the available starter saves.
What would you guess think about the completion time now with the modded save? The roadmap says 100 hours but it should be considerably faster. Anyone who could give a guess for the completion time to plat it?

Thx in advance!

The completion time with the starter saves will be significantly much faster since your soldiers are practically invincible and can move infinite amount of spaces on each turn. Making it impossible to fail a mission unless you extract out of one. The only thing that would be time consuming is adjusting to the mechanics of the game. knowing what research unlocks what, and the loading times on ps4. (Unless you play it on a PS5 where the loading times are improved along with framerate)

My advice is if you want to unlock the trophy for beating it on legendary difficulty first, play on the first modded save file in the thread (Vanilla Xcom 2) which includes a starter save that has ironman mode and legendary difficulty activated. since in the WOTC playthrough, the Chosen (3 bosses) will casually ambush you on missions making them a bit longer to complete until you kill them along with other new enemies. And since there are no difficulty trophies for WOTC playthroughs, you can play it on normal where there are less enemies and aren't sponges like on legendary. And the campaign is much longer in the WOTC starter saves giving you more time to unlock any trophies.

Or you can just play any of the WOTC starter saves which are on legendary difficulty and then do iron mode on the vanilla save on normal to unlock their trophies. Iron man mode is a pain since you can't manually save.

EDIT: I started on the Vanilla XCOM2 modded save. Then went to WOTC. Would recommend that since WOTC is pretty much XCOM 2.0 with more classes, new enemies, bosses, cutscenes etc and have an activated modifier to make the campaign longer. And DONT activate the "Alien Hunters DLC" on your first playthrough if you have it. It spawns mini bosses on missions that make it tedious until you kill them permanently.

Last edited:
You don't start a fresh save. You just load one up. Make sure you resigned one of the two saves based on the region. There are two saves per starter save in the thread.

Yes its the US save 04552. I'll put a screenshot up here on my PS5 so you guys can see. It's weird.

Somebody post a screenshot of the save on their PS4/PS5 to show me what it looks like. I mean screenshot of the Settings/Save Data menu on PS4/PS5.Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 6.52.30 AM.jpgScreenshot 2023-07-18 at 6.53.31 AM.jpgScreenshot 2023-07-18 at 6.54.29 AM.jpg

Last edited:
OK it's not letting me post the pics from my PS5 but the XCOM2 Saved Data that I copy over is a Profile and it's 3.15MB. And when I load up WOTC there is nothing there, no save files.

That's strange since none of my the WORC starter saves are profiles. Did you make a profile in Xcom 2 first before resigning and loading up the save?

You could ask someone who as got it to work to give you their profile save and game save. From your pictures you are resigning a game save not a profile save. After you copy save from USB have you gone into hard menu to see if it actually copied. Also have you got any cloud saves set up maybe they are overriding saves

That's strange since none of my the WORC starter saves are profiles. Did you make a profile in Xcom 2 first before resigning and loading up the save?

Really? Yea this is weird. To your question I was playing XCOM2 regularly if that's what you mean. But I had not started WOTC yet...I just started up WOTC because that's what your save was.

You could ask someone who as got it to work to give you their profile save and game save. From your pictures you are resigning a game save not a profile save. After you copy save from USB have you gone into hard menu to see if it actually copied. Also have you got any cloud saves set up maybe they are overriding saves

When I copy the save from my USB to my PS5 it just shows a profile save. I'll keep messing around with it as obviously it's something on my end since it's working for everyone else. It could actually be a problem with my version of Save Wizard because I'm on Mac. And some features aren't supported on Mac OS Ventura yet. Thanks!

The completion time with the starter saves will be significantly much faster since your soldiers are practically invincible and can move infinite amount of spaces on each turn. Making it impossible to fail a mission unless you extract out of one. The only thing that would be time consuming is adjusting to the mechanics of the game. knowing what research unlocks what, and the loading times on ps4. (Unless you play it on a PS5 where the loading times are improved along with framerate)

My advice is if you want to unlock the trophy for beating it on legendary difficulty first, play on the first modded save file in the thread (Vanilla Xcom 2) which includes a starter save that has ironman mode and legendary difficulty activated. since in the WOTC playthrough, the Chosen (3 bosses) will casually ambush you on missions making them a bit longer to complete until you kill them along with other new enemies. And since there are no difficulty trophies for WOTC playthroughs, you can play it on normal where there are less enemies and aren't sponges like on legendary. And the campaign is much longer in the WOTC starter saves giving you more time to unlock any trophies.

Or you can just play any of the WOTC starter saves which are on legendary difficulty and then do iron mode on the vanilla save on normal to unlock their trophies. Iron man mode is a pain since you can't manually save.

EDIT: I started on the Vanilla XCOM2 modded save. Then went to WOTC. Would recommend that since WOTC is pretty much XCOM 2.0 with more classes, new enemies, bosses, cutscenes etc and have an activated modifier to make the campaign longer. And DONT activate the "Alien Hunters DLC" on your first playthrough if you have it. It spawns mini bosses on missions that make it tedious until you kill them permanently.

thx a lot for this detailled clarification :)

Why don't you start wotc make a save then post that save on here. You can upload save to mediafire then post link here

OK I'll do that. At what point in the game after I start WOTC should I save and upload here. One the first mission? After the first mission? Or it doesn't matter?
Nvrmind I'll just do both.