• If this is your first visit You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Sign up today to get the latest PS4 GameSaves, Game Mods and much more!
  • If you've previously logged in via'Google or Discord and are now unable to do so you'll need to request a password reset which will be emailed to you via the link here: Lost password
  • To reduce spam posts and drive activity from members, and let members who post saves and cheats to get something in return for their research, we have thrown together a plugin that allows us to fulfill both. To hide your links, use the following bbcodes:
    Which allows you to select which reacts you want in order to unlock the download link. You must list the number for react options like above. ( you can list multiple options by doing 1,2,3,4,6) 1= Thanks 2= Love 3= Haha 4= Wow 6= Canada Thanks or
    Which allows you to charge a certain credit amount in order for someone to get access to the download link The button will look like this in the bottom right of the postbit

Multi Modded XCOM 2 Modded Starter Saves For Both Base Game and War Of The Chosen

Re: XCOM 2 Starter save main resources modded

Sorry for this late reply. I'm having a blast at the moment. love leveling all my soldiers and playing at my pace with the starter save while progressing the story. Won't be skipping the game at all on neither difficulties. Just taking my time and having fun.

It is a bummer that the Xcom 2 vanilla save doesn't carry over to WOTC DLC. But it is awesome that a starter save like this exists thanks to Pjames80 for us to enjoy. Also, my first Xcom was enemy Within which was excellent.

Looks like you're going to try and learn how to mod it yourself, which would obviously be awesome for this community (and for all your future gaming enjoyment) so I in no way want to talk you out of that. But know that with some save scumming, WotC can be a chore but definitely do-able. The "chore" is mainly in dealing with loading screens and the occasional crash. People had different success with crashes a while back, even on the same patch, and I don't remember if I figured out why. But just saving/reloading within the game, to maximize your success each turn, should get you through.

With some of the random DLC not tied to any trophies, if someone does post saves for WotC, please remember to specify what DLC is installed. Because of how the bundles are structured, lots of folks might have the major DLC but not, say, the Resistance Warrior Pack.

(And since it sounds like you have a PC, check out Xenonauts sometime. It has the feel of the old-school X-Com, including the "geoscape," but came out a bit closer in time to Enemy Unknown/Within. Xenonauts 2 comes out this month. I still prefer the original X-Com, but I'm sure nostalgia plays a strong role there. I spent most of my free time during the summer of 95 playing the original X-Com, with my PC's CD-Rom playing Biggie's 'Ready to Die' on repeat while my squad blasted through missions. I was the most gangsta commander on the farm.)

I don't have that dlc. If someone dose have the game and dlc and JB PS4 they could mod game their selves. When searching for stats they are in float resources are difficult to edit as item name is far from quantity. Also pc saves can be ported to PS4 but I couldn't do the other way around so if someone as modded pc saves I could put into a PS4 save.

Good news. I have easily modifed Xcom 2 War of the Chosen the same way you did regarding the soldier stats and resources through a trainer on PC. I've already easily began making a starter save. Question is, can you convert the save on your JB PS4 if I send it to you, will you be able to convert it to then upload it here?

Also, I am able to modify any soldiers critical hit rate, detection radius, Dodge, and sight.

So the save conversion worked since I can select the save, but its unable to load since it recognizes it as a save from the Vanilla Xcom 2.

The message I get when trying to load it says, "The selected save was created in an earlier edition of the game and can not be loaded."

Its a message the game gives when anyone tries to load a Xcom 2 Vanilla save in the WOTC menu. In other words, it thinks the save is Xcom 2 and not WOTC.

I assume that when you convert it, you do it as an Xcom 2 save and not the WOTC save.

EDIT: The other probability is, there is a piece of DLC I'm missing on the PS4 that is present on the PC save. Gonna double check even though I didn't activate any DLCs on the PC save. And the other chance is you may need to own the DLC in order to properly convert it. which is a bummer.

Last edited:

I only have base saves so I have to use them as the container for the pc save. If you can make a PS4 wotc save I could try pc save into that

it actually WORKED. It was a Success!!!

YEEEESSSS!!!!

Edit: For detail, the save has 14 modded soldiers with only one mission completed on normal difficulty., its possible to make a starter save this way if I make a ps4 save game first to send to you to convert to pc for me to mod then convert back to PS4. May be tedious but it works. We did it. lol

Last edited:
Last edited:

Did you mod any items. Also the game as console commands here a link of how to activate it and the commands
XCOM 2 Console Commands List | Commands.gg

You might need to do something about the 2k launcher

GitHub - X2CommunityCore/xcom2-launcher: The Alternative Mod Launcher (AML) is a replacement for the default game launchers from XCOM 2 and XCOM Chimera Squad.

Unfortunately the starter save did not have any items or its resources moddded. Only the soldiers. I'm working out some fixes that prevent the resources from resetting. And yeah, I'm aware of the console commands on PC that I tested a while back. Gonna mess with that to see what I can do for items and resources.

I'll also be working on an Ironman/legend difficulty save on PS4 to send you for PC conversion if it's okay with you. But its a pain in the ass to do without many or any soldiers dying after one or two missions on the hardest difficulty. so it will take a bit.

Did you mod any items. Also the game as console commands here a link of how to activate it and the commands
XCOM 2 Console Commands List | Commands.gg

You might need to do something about the 2k launcher

GitHub - X2CommunityCore/xcom2-launcher: The Alternative Mod Launcher (AML) is a replacement for the default game launchers from XCOM 2 and XCOM Chimera Squad.

I'm Sorry to bother you with this so soon again. Can you convert this WOTC PC save to a PS4 save just like you did earlier when you have the time. It's the same save only with more modifications to the soldiers and had to fix an instability issue where it would lag every time any of the soldiers got near each other during gameplay. Also added some resources.

WOTC Starter Save II

Last edited: